Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Doesn't this look absolutely awesome!

Doesn't that look like a wonderful way to end a Monday?

I've been AWOL.  Sorry!  Life interfered.  I didn't remember to weigh in on Friday or Saturday.  Therefore, I do not have an update on that front.  Groceries for the week ... I hadn't been grocery shopping since August!  I had purchased much protein (meats) and had veggies in the freezer.  Publix offered a coupon this past weekend:  spend $50 on groceries and receive a $50 gas card for $40.  That was incentive enough!  I bought mostly staples: condiments, tuna, etc.  I eeked in with $52.00 in groceries.  Plus the gas card!  Plus plus ... I walked to and from the grocery store.

I was invited out to dinner Sunday evening.  As a result, I didn't do my normal cooking on Sunday.  I wasn't going to eat any of the entree on Sunday so I opted to cook later in the week.  I might be cooking individual entrees this week.

Sunday dinner was: salmon topped with soft goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon butter plus sautéed spinach as my side.  Monday ... oh my! ... Monday was delicious.  I'd splurged on a ribeye steak over the weekend.  I cooked it stove-top on Monday.  I added a garlic tomato butter sauce to it.  It was lip smackin' yummy!  How good does that steak above (and below!) look?   And the sauce ... 5 wing flaps!  I melted butter in the pan.  While it was melting, I dried and then seasoned (Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt) the steak.  When the butter was melted and the pan hot, I put the steak in it - listen for that sizzle! I let it cook for 4-5 minutes each side.  I like it a lot on the pink side!

It makes my mouth water just looking at it!
No nutritional information for this.  

1 comment: