Thursday, September 11, 2014

Update!

Happy day-after-Hump Day!  I haven't cooked all week.  :-(  Between the spareribs I cooked on Sunday and leftover ribs from the week before, I haven't needed to cook.  My breakfasts and lunches were Rev Roll sandwiches.  I made one with ham salad (using canned ham).  I made one ... well, two ... with mozzarella cheese.  How yummy does that sound?  Warm cheese sandwiches.  Yum yum!  Today I just fixed up some simple tuna salad.  

And I realized that I'm spoiled when it comes to tuna.  For 2-3 years I've eaten only tuna canned in olive oil.  Now, for cost savings, I've switched back tuna canned in water.  Not the pre-drained kind in the foil packet, but actually canned.  I have to 'fess up ... I'm not a fan of the canned-in-water variety.  A) It doesn't drain well.  B) It tastes bland.  If I see my preferred brand on sale (Genova Tonno tuna canned in olive oil).  Even on Amazon the Genovo is easily twice as expenses as the other stuff.

I'll be at a retreat this weekend soooooo ... not sure how much time I'll have to update.  Maybe I'll post pics of what I choose to eat.  That would help keep me on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment