Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Oven BBQ Pork Spareribs

Howdy!  I worked from my home office today so I was able to cook up some delicious spareribs.  These are pretty yummy - if I do say so myself.  I had a sweven (vision) of them darkening up like normal bbq does in the oven.  Then I realized that there's no sugar to caramelize.  These are 4 wing flaps of yumminess anyway.



Oven BBQ Pork Spareribs

1 Slab of pork spareribs (mine was 3.5#)
Homemade BBQ sauce

Put a slab of ribs, meat side down, on shallow, foil covered pan.  Brush with sauce.  Bake in oven at 350F for 1.5 hours.  Baste and flip.  Bake at 250F for 1.5 hours, basting every 10-15 minutes.  Watch the time - govt. says it's okay to cook until center hits 145F.  Let rest for 3 minutes.  Then chow down.

Homemade BBQ Sauce
1 14.5oz can Italian diced tomatoes
1/3 can water
2T Tamari (gluten-free soy) sauce
2T Worcestershire sauce
2T Steak sauce
1T spicy mustard
1T Balsamic Vinegar
2t liquid smoke
4 drops liquid Splenda

Put it all into the blender.  Mix together.  Makes 24 ounces.


Nutritional information for entire recipe of sauce:

Carbs:  57.70g (81%)
Protein:  11.16g (16%)
Fat:  1.32g (3%)
Calories:  281

Nutritional information for spareribs:  check packaging of your ribs!

No comments:

Post a Comment