Thursday, August 21, 2014

BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs - slow cooked


I know, I know.  I said I wasn't cooking anymore entrees this week.  BUT ... I realized I still had 4 pounds of pork country style ribs in my fridge - and no room in my freezer!  So I decided to cut them up and cook them today as I worked from home.  The recipe is modifiable (i.e., Brown Sugar Twin for the sf syrup or apple cider vinegar for the white, brown the ribs before putting them in the slow cooker).  These ribs are delicious!  The slow cooking allows the flavor to seep into the meat so you get the sauce flavors in each bite.  I give these ribs 4 wing flaps because the texture is a bit stringy/pasty.  I overcooked them (I think).  I didn't watch the time closely.


BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs - slow cooked
  • 4 lb. country style pork ribs, cut up not slab (I used bone-in because that was on sale)
Sauce:
  • 1/3 cup tamari (wheat-free) soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup low sugar ketchup (I used Heinz Reduced Sugar)
  • 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
  • 3 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp. vinegar 
In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients; Put ribs in slow cooker and pour sauce evenly over ribs. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours (FYI: my "high" cooked these to doneness in 3-4 hours - your might require longer time).  This recipe serves 4 to 8.

Nutritional information for the entire recipe

Carbs:  34.43 (3%)
Fat:  340.26 (67%)
Protein:  339.51 (30%)
Calories: 4628

No comments:

Post a Comment