Saturday, August 23, 2014

Status check after one week

Tomorrow is cooking day!  I still have some leftovers:  1 half a stuffed pepper and 2-3 servings of BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs - slow cooked.  I have some chicken defrosted so at least one meal will include chicken.

I didn't eat much today (Saturday).  I had a wonderful and filling breakfast:  4 oz of pork jowl bacon and 2 eggs.  That filled me up for many hours (at least 6).  I attended a Toastmasters meeting this afternoon and there were sandwiches available.  I snagged one on my way out and to my next stop: boardgames at the home of a friend of a friend.  In case you are wondering, I ate the meat, cheese, and mayo in the sandwich - no bread or tater chips for me!  I drank my normal amount of water - two 44 oz cups of it.  BUT ... the sandwich innards was not sufficient to fuel my body until I got home and I developed a headache.  Sooooo, when I arrived home I heated up the last of the defrosted Sloppy Porky stuffing (which was yummy, yummy, and more YUMMY!).  And I made a chocolate shake:  HWC, water, liquid Sugar Twin (from Canada), and 1T unsweetened cocoa powder.  

BTW, I'm very proud of myself because I did not have anything to eat during the boardgame play.  There was: pizza, chips, Cheetos, candy, and other bad-for-me foods.  Go me!

I'm a week into my recommitment to cooking.  The cooking, and my blogging, has helped me focus on my goals.  Below is the recording of my carb intake (grams and percentage) and the percentage of fat and protein, as well as the amount of water I drank each day for the past week.  

I've been following low carb for years (maybe in another post I'll share more of my low carb history) but kept choosing to eat higher carb foods every so often. Sometimes those "every so oftens" lasted a month or two or three.  More recently, I've been on track for a bit over two months with a couple of "planned off days" here and there.  

I'm a bit nervous to put this out there but here goes.  I've been bouncing between 255 and 244 for a while.  I was always aware of it even if I tried to pretend otherwise because I still fit in my smaller-sized clothing.  Two and a half years ago I was at an all-time high of 275.  So I've maintained a 20-25 pound loss for over two years!  That's a win in my book!  

I started the week at 251 pounds.  This morning my weight was down to 246.5 pounds.  Some of that was water weight - not all of it though because I'd been eating low carb for months before tightening it back up.  I always like to see a loss in weight - especially when I'm actually tracking such information.


Thank you for joining me on My Low Carb Flight!










No comments:

Post a Comment