Friday, August 29, 2014

Planned shopping

Leftovers again today!  I finished off the BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs at lunch today.  They were just as tasty today as when I first prepared them.  The texture improved too.  I think.  It could be that these last two ribs were cooked a touch less than the others in the batch.  I have leftover Parmesan Mustard Chicken for tomorrow.  Lip-smackin' yummy!

I took a look at the store ads for this week.  Nothing caught my eye at Winn Dixie (bummer cuz' I like the gas discounts there).  On the other hand, Publix had several items I'm considering.  Funny enough, this week's ad is reminiscent of the ad from two weeks ago - which is unusual.  Here's what's on sale that caught my eye:

*Pork spareribs:  $1.99/#
Medium lobster tail:  $8.99/each
Ribeye steak:  $8.99/# bone in
XL Jumbo Shrimp:  $11.99/#
Swai fillets:  2/$10 (24 oz pkg)
Hillshire Smoked Sausage: 2/$6 (13-14 oz)
Raspberries:  3/$5 (6 oz pkg)
Haas Avocados: 10/$10
Asparagus:  $3.49/#
Hellmans's Mayo:  2/$5.41 (30 oz)
French's Yellow Mustard:  2/$1.89 (14 oz)
Blue Diamond Almond Milk: $2.79 (64 oz)
Block cheese is on sale for $2.50 (8 oz)
Aluminum foil: 2/$6.19
*$50 Gas Card:  $40 if buy $50 groceries

Here's my conundrum.  I want the gas card.  I could easily spend $50 on groceries - that I will eat (or use in the case of the aluminum foil).  I just don't need food this week.  I also really want the spareribs.  I want to compare them to the country style.  I think I prefer the spareribs.  It just so happens the spareribs are a tad bit higher in fat - all the better for my LCHF way of eating.  Plus it might help with the texture I mentioned when I first cooked the country style ribs.  

I'm not able to justify buying a ribeye (despite the awesome price) as I have three thin-sliced ones in the freezer.  Oh!  Did I mention I cooked and ate a ribeye for breakfast earlier this week?  YUMMY!  Especially liberally seasoned with Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt.  

I think my post tomorrow will be about in-season produce.  Maybe.  Check back and see.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment