Thursday, August 28, 2014

Leftovers status

Hi!  Here it is Thursday night and I still have leftovers.  That means ... I didn't make the third entree this week.  I have 2 Parmesan Mustard Chicken thighs left.  They re-heat very well!  I also had some BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs left from last week.  That is what I ate for dinner tonight.  Oh yeah - that Cauliflower & Ham Salad lasted a couple of days - it was scrumdiddlicious!  It reminds me of potato salad - except way better.  It travels well too.  

I use glass containers for my leftovers.  Why?  Because the plastic ones kept becoming sticky on the outside and they were nasty to touch.  No matter what I tried, I could not remove the stickiness.  Back to the glass storage containers ... this week I stored the cauliflower salad in a glass container.  Then I put it in the square, flat, short lunch cooler.  I put flat reusable ice packs under the container.  Viola!  A lunch or snack for later.  When the container was too big for the amount of leftovers, I transferred the leftovers to a ziplock bag and ate out of the bag with a spoon.  Brilliant!

Tonight I'm going to look at the store ads for this week.  It'll have to be an unbelievable price for me to buy more food.  I have plenty of protein on hand.  And I still have cauliflower in the freezer.

Have a TERRIFIC night!

No comments:

Post a Comment